Hey there, this is Aimee Ray again with the final installment of our Doodle Stitch Along, and a free giveaway! We’ve posted 4 free embroidery patterns over the last month and now I’m going to show you how to make a cute, little mini apron with them. This apron won’t keep you clean while cooking, but it’s perfect to wear while crafting or working a craft show, it’s got 4 little pockets perfect for keeping your tools close at hand!
What you need:
2- 18×10 inch pieces of fabric (they can be different colors)
1 with the 4 stitched motifs spaced evenly along the top, about 2 inches from the edge.
a piece of 1- inch wide grosgrain ribbon, 72 inches long.
Embroidery floss to match
1. First, pin the two pieces of fabric together, right sides facing, and sew along the sides and top (the side with embroidery), 1/2 inch in. You can leave the bottom open. Trim the corners, turn it right side out, and press the seams flat.
2. Fold the motif edge up over the back about 5 inches to form a pocket. Pin it in place.
3. Using the Blanket Stitch, sew up the sides of the pocket.
4. Using the Running Stitch, stitch 3 dividing lines in between the motifs. Now you have 4 pockets.
5. Center the ribbon along the top of the apron, overlapped 1 inch and pin it in place. Using the Back Stitch, or a sewing machine, sew the ribbon to the apron. Trim off the extra fabric behind the ribbon. You can treat the ends of the ribbon with fray check so they don’t fray.
All done! This is a fast, easy sewing project, you can use these instructions to make all different sizes and colors of aprons. If you need a quick stitch reference, check out www.inaminuteago.com
, one of my favorite embroidery websites.
Don’t have time to sew up your own apron? You can win this one! To enter for a chance to win this apron, please leave a comment on this post by 9 p.m. EST on Friday, July 8. Any comment is fine—though we’d love to hear about your favorite easy sewing project!One winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries and notified by Monday, July 11. Click here for the official rules.
Thanks for joining us!